Friday, September 18, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (25)

Here's your weekend reading :)
Twin-Synchronized-Anit-Aircraft-Auto-Cannons.
I decided my forward deck (on the nose) definately needs some light AA weapons, and so I started building these AC's.
I started with the barrels and several rings in two different diameters

Here you can see the muzzle breaks (without the cuts) and the first set of rings

Since these central rings need a larger diameter, I slipped a second, larger ring over them

Then the rear barrel "root"

More rings on top of the root, and done were the barrels

Then I built the actual gun housing - rather straight forward

Some decoration and rivets, case ejectors, ect

rear view

Then I started a gun shield for it

and mounted it to the AC


This will be the position for the AC, right over the lasguns



The actual mount is rather simple, just another piece of tube

And as my boss used to say:
"Once you know how it's done, it's just a matter of practice"
So I build a second AC right afterwards

This AC is mounted in a more A-A position

And here they are in their final positions

Now I will look into some more ornaments, maybe some aromor protection ect.
Cheers
Klaus